The latest TRAI circular has introduced DLT technology in the Bulk SMS Industry. As per the rules, it is mandatory for every entity to get registered in the DLT platform to continue sending SMS to its clients. The implementation of the guidelines will be completed in phases. In the forthcoming phase, Entities have to add their registered DLT details with the Bulk SMS Service Provider. In this article, we will explain you the process of connecting DLT details with Fast2SMS.
Click here to read about the New TRAI rules for Bulk SMS
Click here to understand the meaning of DLT in Bulk SMS
Click here to know the difference between the latest rules and previous rules for Bulk SMS
In the ongoing Bulk SMS DLT registration process, you need to link your approved DLT details with the Bulk SMS Service Provider through which the SMS will be delivered to your customers. Once you have completed your Entity registration on the DLT portal and have gotten Header and Content Templates approved by them, next step is to add these details in the Bulk SMS Provider panel.
It is mandatory for Entities to add the approved DLT details with their Bulk SMS Provider. As per the guidelines, SMS cannot be sent directly to the customer group without approval. Every Header and SMS template has to be submitted to the DLT portal first and has to be entered with the Bulk SMS site after its approval.
To avoid any kind of hindrance in the SMS sending process, we recommend you to maintain a record of commonly sent messages to your customers and submit it for approval into the DLT platform. Once they are approved, you can add them in the Fast2SMS panel.
Process of adding registered DLT details in Fast2SMS
1. Visit Fast2sms.com/dlt, the screen will be displayed as shown in the image below. You need to enter your registered Fast2SMS number in the Mobile Number field.
2. If you are not a registered Fast2SMS user, the following message will appear on the screen.
Note: You need to have an account in Fast2SMS before adding the DLT details. Sign up at Fast2SMS if you don’t have an account with us.
3. As shown in the image below, enter your registered Fast2SMS mobile number and click Login.
4. As soon as you click on the Login button, an OTP will be sent to your mobile number. Now, you need to Enter the OTP received on your phone to complete the mobile verification.
5. As visible in the image below, an OTP SMS will be delivered on your registered mobile number.
6. Enter the OTP received and click on Verify.
7. The following page will be displayed as shown in the image below. Firstly, you need to enter your registered Entity details approved by the DLT portal.
If you have not yet registered in the DLT portal, follow these articles to complete the Entity registration process at Jio DLT.
Click here to understand the DLT registration process in Jio.
Click here to know the process the adding Telemarketer in Jio DLT
8. As shown in the image, the following details have to be entered. Type your Entity Name, enter the Entity ID and select the DLT platform on which you have registered.
9. Upload the Entity Registration Certificate received on your Email or DLT Profile section screenhot which display your Entity ID, Entity Name and then click on the Submit button.
10. Once you click on Submit, the screen will be displayed as shown in the image below. As you can see, the status is appearing as ‘Pending‘.
Fast2SMS team will verify the details submitted by you. The verification process might take 12-24 hours.
11. Once your Entity details have been verified by the Fast2SMS team, status will be set to Active.
If you have more than one Entity then you can select the ‘Add Another Entity’ option to add its details.
12. Once the Entity details have been entered and the status is activated, you need to add DLT approved Sender IDs (Headers) in the Fast2SMS panel.
Complete your Sender ID registration in the DLT portal if you have not yet registered your Sender ID.
Click here to understand different types of Sender IDs and the process of adding them in Jio DLT.
Sender ID page on the Fast2SMS panel will be displayed as shown in the image below.
13. Select the Entity, enter the Sender ID previously approved by DLT portal and upload DLT panel screenshot which shows the Sender ID and approved status. Once all the details have been entered, click on the Submit button.
Note: It is mandatory to upload the DLT panel screenshot for adding the DLT details into the Fast2SMS panel.
As an example, we have mentioned an alphabetic Sender ID. If you have got numeric Sender ID approved by the DLT portal, you have to add that Sender ID of six numeric digits.
14. As soon as you click on the Submit button, the following screen with the message will be displayed. The status will appear as Pending. Fast2SMS team will verify the details entered by you.
15. Once the details have been successfully verified by our team, the status will be set to Active.
16. Next, you need to add your DLT approved Content Template in the Fast2SMS panel. The content templates have to be submitted and approved by the DLT portal firstly and then have to be added in the Fast2SMS panel.
Click here to understand Content Templates and the process of adding them in Jio DLT.
As shown in the image below, following details have to be entered by you.
17. Select the Entity, select the Sender ID. Now add the Content Template ID provided at the time of Template registration in the DLT portal. Type the Approved Message Text. Then upload the DLT panel screenshots which displays the Message Text and approved status. After filling all the details, click on the Submit button.
Note: The Sender ID has to be mapped with the Content Template. SMS can be sent only from those Sender IDs which you have selected at the time of submitting the Content Template in DLT. It means if you have got your Content Template approved with one Sender ID then you can send that template with only the specified Sender ID selected by you. You cannot edit or change the details once approved.
18. Your details will be submitted for verification and the following screen will be displayed.
19. Once the details are verified, your status will be set to Active as shown in the image.
For a seamless user experience, we suggest you to add your approved DLT details with Fast2SMS as soon as possible.
Check other related DLT articles:
DLT Registration/Signup Process in Jio
Process of adding Telemarketer in Jio DLT
Process of adding Header or Sender ID in Jio DLT
Process of adding Consent Template in Jio DLT
Process of adding Content Template in Jio DLT