Fast2SMS is one of the SMS based website which provide exact SMS delivery report. While sending bulk SMS, it is vital to check the delivery reports. There are various status in Fast2SMS delivery report and in below points we can know their meaning:
- Sent – Your SMS has been sent to our operator and report of that delivery is still pending (our system waiting for delivery report). The below image shows the report of a sent SMS.
Note: It can be possible that receiver received SMS but report is still pending (some time it take few minutes to generate report). Also if the mobile number is not in network or switched off then the status will appear as sent. The gateway tries to send the message over a 6 hour period. As soon as the number comes in network, the SMS will get delivered therein.
Retry Report of Sent SMS
Once we click on the Sent (3), the Retry Report of the messages sent by us will be displayed. At first the message got failed, at the second attempt, it failed again. At the third attempt, it was sent and the delivery report is pending. If the status of your message is sent, our system retry for 6 hours to deliver the message. If the number comes in network in that period SMS will get delivered else it will show you failed.
- Delivered – When the message is delivered to the user successfully.
Retry Report of a Delivered SMS
Once we click on that text, the following window gets opened. In the Retry Report, we can see that at first, the message got failed due to unknown reason, then at the second retry, it was rejected by the operator, and finally at the third attempt it was delivered successfully.
- Failed – SMS did not get delivered to the receiver.
The image below shows the delivery status of the SMS which is failed due to some reasons.
Retry Report of Failed SMS
You can check why your SMS got failed in the Retry Report. Once you click on the text Failed(2), the following window will get opened. As described in the Retry Report, the reason for the message failure is that number in which the message was sent does not exit. Process time is that time when Fast2SMS schedules the message to the operator. As you can see, at 02:49:47 PM the message has been sent to the operator but it got failed so the message has been sent again to a different operator at 02:49:52 PM. This time also it got failed as the number did not exist. So if a message gets failed, we retry to send it via a different operator. Here, both the times, the message got failed and hence it is showing Failed (2) in the delivery report details.
The SMS can be failed due to
- Number not reachable: When the message is being sent, if the recipient’s mobile number is not reachable within the stipulated time period then the message gets failed.
- Operator rejected: Carrier had rejected the message as the operator blacklisted the number or the SMS content and hence declared as failed SMS.
- Operator error: Operator failed to process or respond, this is technical issue from operator end.
- Number not exist: If the SMS is sent to an invalid number, then it won’t get delivered and hence will get failed.
- Unknown subscriber: Number is not active or service is temporary suspended or not available.
- Number switch off or low signal: Mobile phone is switched off or having low signal so the SMS will not get delivered. But, if within the time limit the mobile comes in network or is switched on then the message will delivered otherwise is it failed.
- Operator not responding: Operator not responding, so we not getting any response hence message got failed.
- Operator time out: Sometimes, if all the attempts to send the message within a stipulated time have failed still the message is unable to get delivered, then the SMS might get failed due to operator time out.
- Handset memory full: Recipient’s mobile inbox is full. To get the message, the receiver need to clear up some space and then they will be able to receive the SMS.
- Number suspended by operator: Mobile number suspended/blocked by operator that is why SMS got failed.
- Operator congestion: It happen sometimes that there is too much traffic with either of the operators resulting in failure of the SMS.
- Handset error: Completely related to the mobile settings (or software issue) because of that SMS got failed.
We debit the charges of failed SMS because we have to pay the operator.
Our system works on submission basis.
Means as soon as you push the SMS from our system it will debit the SMS cost, now its on operators when they will deliver or mark that SMS as failed after all retry.
- Blocked – If receiver’s mobile number is registered in “Fast2SMS do not disturb” then our system will show status as “blocked”. The image below depicts the delivery status of the SMS in which the number is blocked. In Fast2SMS we can block our number if we don’t want to receive SMS. If a person has activated ‘block your number’ feature then the SMS will not get delivered.
Note : We don’t charge for the SMS in which the receiver has blocked his or her number
- DND – The DND (Do Not Disturb) status only comes under the promotional route as the Promotional route doesn’t allow sending SMS to DND number, so all DND numbers show this status and money will not be deducted. If you want to send SMS on DND number then use transactional route.
The below image shows the delivery report of an SMS sent to DND number.
Note: We don’t debit the charges if the SMS is sent to DND numbers from Promotional route.
- Pending – Our system evaluating SMS and sending your SMS to our operator. The below image shows the delivery report of a pending SMS which is yet to be sent from our end due to heavy queue, check reports after sometime.