When you are using bulk SMS service for advertising purposes, instead of sending SMS from a number you can make your SMS more professional and send SMS using your own Sender ID.
Sender ID is the identity through which the message is sent. It is the name with which your outgoing SMS will be sent. For example, when any general SMS appears in our mobile, their name or number will be displayed. Similarly when the message arrives from a company or brand which has a registered Sender ID it looks like the image below.
In the above image FSTSMS is the Sender ID. It is the Sender ID of Fast2SMS. One of the main benefit of using a Sender ID is that it instantly builds a connection with the customer. It provides recognition and adds value to your brand name.
Sender ID of bank
In the image displayed above, BZ-UCOBNK is the Sender ID of UCO Bank. You might have got an idea about how the Sender ID looks like.
Now, we will look into the details of terms and conditions which are to be fulfilled to have a Sender ID.
Note : According to TRAI, Sender ID can only be of 6 alphabetical characters. It cannot be more or less than 6 characters. You cannot use numerical characters while creating Sender ID. It should only contain alphabetical characters.
We will not accept the following as Sender ID
1. Personal Name – You are not eligible to create a Sender ID by your personal name. For example, you cannot use Rahul, Anil, Mohan, Priya or any other name. Personal names are not allowed while creating a Sender ID. If you have a company with your own name then you can use the initials of your name but personal names are not allowed. Example if your company name is Soumya Boutique, then you can create a sender ID something like SBUTQE or SYBUTI OR SABUTE. But you cannot create a sender ID like SOUMYA. Operators don’t allow sender ID of a personal name.
2. Celebrity Name – You cannot create a Sender ID by a using a celebrity name. For example, you cannot create a Sender ID using Shahrukh Khan’s name, Amitabh Bachchan’s name etc.
3. General Name – General Names like friend, notice, inform, lottery cannot be used as Sender ID.
4. Any brand not related to you – You cannot create a Sender ID of any company/organization/brand which is not related to you. Example, you cannot create Sender ID of SBI Bank. It is not permitted.
What we will accept as Sender ID
1. Your Company Name – If you have a registered company, it will be accepted as Sender ID. Such as Reliance Industries, Tata Consultancy Services, Infosys etc. All company names are accepted. But if you have a company of your own name then you can use the initials of your name. Example if you have a company name Rishab Electricals, then you cannot get a sender ID like RISHAB. Operators don’t approve of this kind of sender ID and your sender ID application might get rejected. But you can use the initials like RIELEC or RELECT or RBELEC and so on.
2. Your Organization Name – If you are running an organization such as an NGO or any other you are eligible for getting a Sender ID. Example can be, National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT), Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI), Help age India etc. We provide acceptance to all organization names.
But if you are an employee and not the owner of the organization, then you are not eligible to get the sender ID by the name of your organization. Suppose if a person works as an LIC agent, he or she cannot get the sender ID of LIC. The sender ID of the organization is only given to the owner of the organization. Employees are not authorized to get the sender ID.
3. Your Brand Name – We accept all brand names. If you have a brand, it will be accepted as a Sender ID. Suppose you have Fastrack brand, you are eligible for creating a Sender ID.
4. Your Product Name – All kinds of products/websites names are accepted as Sender ID. Example parachute oil, tanishq jewellery, parle-g biscuits etc are eligible to get their own Sender ID.
How to apply for Sender ID
1. Login to Fast2SMS.
2. Select Bulk SMS option from the left side bar. Then click on Sender ID. By default the Sender ID is Fast2SMS. If you want to create a new Sender ID click on Add new option on the right side.
3. After selecting the tab, a dialog box will pop up. Press the ‘I agree terms and conditions’ button.
4. After clicking another dialog box will get opened asking for selecting a plan. You can choose according to your own preference. It is also mentioned here that Sender ID should be of maximum 6 characters not more than that. The team will approve your Sender ID and this process might take 48 hours. If your Sender ID is not approved then the money will be refunded. Select the plan which suits you and then press next.
Plans for Sender ID
5. After this a dialog box will appear again asking for Sender ID name and purpose, fill the details and then click on Submit button. Here we have taken the example of St.Joseph’s School. Your Sender ID name can be anything related to your business/organization etc. Enter the name and purpose for which you want to create a Sender ID.
6. Now the following message will appear on your screen.
7. Next when the request for Sender ID is received by Fast2SMS team, a message will appear on your registered mobile number as follows. The approval might take 48 hours.
8. When the request gets approved it will be shown as below
Note: For sending free SMS you have to use the default Sender ID of Fast2SMS.
You cannot send free SMS using your own Sender ID
If you want to use free SMS then you will be able to send SMS using the default sender ID of Fast2SMS. The default Sender ID of Fast2SMS is FSTSMS. Your own custom Sender ID will not work in free SMS.
In the free SMS section your custom sender ID will not be shown here. It will be displayed in the bulk SMS section. The above image clearly depicts that you have to use Fast2SMS default sender ID that is FSTSMS if you want to send free SMS. In case you are sending bulk SMS then you can send SMS using your own custom ID.
Terms and conditions for Sender ID
1. Any spam/illegal activity/abuse is not allowed. We permit only genuine company,organization, brand and product.
2. Create a Sender ID only when you represent a brand/company/organization.
3. Sender ID should not match with personal names, celebrity names, government agencies etc.
4. If the Sender ID got rejected, then you cannot apply for new Sender ID for next 15 days.
Hence we can conclude that using a Sender ID can make your business a brand and can add value to your business. So without delaying further visit Fast2SMS for creating Sender ID in the most simple and easy way.