With the on-going DLT implementation phase, it has become mandatory for every company to register on the DLT platform before sending Bulk SMS in India. This has become a concern for users who were sending API SMS as they now have to submit every message text and wait for its approval.
Providing a seamless platform with fastest delivery, Fast2SMS has introduced a new feature wherein you can send OTP SMS via API without DLT registration. Using this route, you can send API SMS directly from your end without getting registered on the DLT portal. You don’t need to submit the messages on the DLT platform and wait for its approval. Messages will be delivered both to DND and Non DND numbers via a random numeric Sender ID. Here, the message delivery will be faster than the domestic route as it will be sent via premium route.
Advantages of the New feature
1. DLT registration not required: Using this feature, you will be able to send API messages directly from your end. You don’t need to register on the DLT portal, submit Headers, Templates and wait for their approval. Thus, it is a convenient option as you don’t have to go through the cumbersome process of registering on a DLT platform.
2. No registration fee: You need to pay Rs. 5900 for registering on a DLT portal. However, if you are a Fast2SMS user, you don’t need to pay any registration fee for sending API SMS.
3. No approval needed: As per the new TRAI rules, in order to send API SMS you need to first register on the DLT platform, submit each and every message template, headers and wait for their approval. Fast2SMS users can send API SMS without any kind of approval. With this new feature, you can send API messages directly at your end without the hassle of DLT registration or approval.
4. Convenient and time-saving: Sending Bulk SMS via API is now easier than ever. With the help of the new feature, you can send API SMS in the fastest time span and connect with your clients instantly. You just have to select the route, type the message, enter the mobile number and hit the URL to send the SMS. This it is a time-saving and easy process to transmit API messages.
5. Suitable for every business: DLT registration is a concern for businesses who are not yet registered as companies and don’t have certificate of incorporation. This route serves as a boon for those businesses as you can send SMS without submitting your company documents. Fast2SMS provides two options for sending API SMS without DLT registration. Hence, any business or firm can utilize this feature to send Bulk SMS without getting registered on DLT portal.
How to send OTP SMS via API without DLT registration?
Fast2SMS is providing two methods of sending SMS via API without DLT registration
A. Send API SMS via Quick SMS route
B. Send API SMS via Bulk SMS (Service) route
Send API SMS via Quick SMS route without DLT registration
1. Login to Fast2SMS. Once you login, Fast2SMS panel window will be displayed as shown in the image below. Select Dev API option from the left menubar.
2. As you click on Dev API, API section will be displayed as shown below.
3. Select the Method of sending API messages. Here, you can choose either GET or POST method.
4. After selecting the Method, next you need to select the Route. As shown in the image below, three options are displayed.
DLT SMS option is when you have completed DLT registration, submitted the templates and gotten approval for the same.
For sending API SMS without DLT registration, you have the other two options. Select Quick SMS for sending API messages via this route.
Note: Quick SMS is a premium delivery route so the cost per SMS of sending SMS via Quick SMS route will be Rs. 3.50 irrespective of your Fast2SMS Bulk SMS plan.
5. Next step is to type the message text. You can enter your company name after typing the message text.
6. When you scroll down further, you get other options as shown in the image below. You can select the language of the text message as English or Unicode for sending messages in regional language other than English. For sending Flash message, click the checkbox Yes and if you don’t want to send Flash message then select No.
Enter the contact numbers in the Contact field.
As you can see in the image, the overall URL is being generated and displayed at the right side of the panel. You just have to hit the provided URL based on your programming language and your message will be sent to the intended recipients.
Send API SMS via Bulk SMS (Service) route without DLT registration
Bulk SMS (Service) route: This route is ideal for companies who want to just send OTP messages or general service messages to their customers. You don’t need to register on the DLT platform to use this route. Fast2SMS is offering two Sender IDs, four predefined message templates which you can choose based on your business requirements.
Note: Per SMS cost for sending API message via Bulk SMS (Service) route is based on your Fast2SMS Bulk SMS plan.
1. Select Dev API from Fast2SMS panel and select the Method between GET and POST.
2. Choose Bulk SMS (Service) route from the list of routes.
3. You can choose any of the two Sender IDs in the Sender ID field.
4. In the template field, we have provided four message templates. You can select any template that suits your business needs and purpose. The maximum character limit for variable value is 30.
5. Scroll down further and enter the variable value. Enter the contact numbers. As visible in the image, an overall URL will be generated based on your message parameters. You just have to hit the URL to send the message to the intended recipients.
Choose any of the two methods described above to send API SMS to your customers without DLT registration.